Monday, September 30, 2019

Ignite Presentation - Learner's Response

Type up your feedback in full including the ratings out of five for each of the six categories. 

Research- 5
Concept-4
Language-5
Representation-5
Audience and Industry-4
Delivery-5

Total: 28/30

  • Great title and tagline! Concept is superb... the challenge is whether it meets family or crime aspect of brief (feels more teen drama than those sub-genres in brief)
  • Background to audience, 1980s aesthetic and issues that are addressed are just superb. Such confident use of media language and clearly outstanding research based on intertextual references + justification for creative decisions.
  • Film + TV show enigma point lost on me slightly (may just be me!)
  • Presentation itself is excellent - strong visual style, excellent use of images,structure.
  • Delivery is very good - quite fast-paced but this is more due to the sheer amount of content/thought behind the idea.
  • Q&A - excellent first question on scheduling and such a confident answer... very clearly this has been planned out in detail.
  • Issues of representation and sexuality addressed in thoughtful and impressive ways.
  • Outstanding!

Use this feedback, comments from peers and your own reflection on your presentation to self-assess and write a detailed WWW and EBI for your own coursework concept and presentation as a whole.

  • WWW: Confident presentation - concept translated well as well as subtextual issues and peripheral context explained. Original concept with hints of postmodernism will allow me to benefit from using simple camera work and mise-en-scene to communicate complex ideas.
  • EBI: Spoke too quickly- perhaps considered the individual episodes in more depth and how to incorporate the family aspect into my drama within my presentation. Also included more specific links to my own show rather than research.


Write a paragraph discussing how your presentation will lead into your actual coursework production. Do you need to update your statement of intent? Does your narrative offer enough clarity? Is it appropriate for the audience specified in the brief? Does it fit the genre you are aiming for? Can you add media terminology or theory to your statement of intent now you have reflected on your presentation and seen others?

  • My presentation allowed me to pinpoint which aspects of my tv show to exploit within my trailer - judging on the reception of power shots, I will try to include 2-3 cinematic shots within my trailer and also include text message on screen graphics, and a family centric narrative to be communicated. I have reflected on my concept and the reception, and will have a clear goal for my characters as well as address their gender and sexual identities through props [such as flags] or mise-en-scene [makeup, costume] this could also play into my postmodernist concept as i blur the lines between their real personalities and perceived characters. My narrative is now far clearer and will focus exclusively on the four main characters and their families as well as diversifying my shots to communicate the narrative- and using a mix of modern music, 80s beats and dialogue to create an ambiguous time frame for the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment